I’m absolutely obsessed with the Food Network, so of course I had to adapt a recipe from one of their food superstars. This week I tried Spinach Carbonara courtesy of “5 Ingredient Fix”. Not familiar with the show? The host, Claire, prepares meals that contain five ingredients or less. How great is that!? Minimal and affordable ingredients are always a great thing in my book.
(optional) bread: $3
1. Saute cubes of pancetta while boiling pasta
2. Combine eggs and cheese
3. Once pasta is cooked, add to pan of cooked pancetta
4. Add in spinach and let wilt slightly
5. Toss in egg and cheese mixture until pasta is fully coated
6. Enjoy with a few slices of baguette
I was a little leery of eating anything with raw eggs, but it turned out pretty well. This is a great dish if you want to deviate from the typical pasta and tomato sauce.
*the photo doesn’t do this any justice